When you’re looking for experienced Dún Laoghaire tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dún Laoghaire. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dún Laoghaire Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dún Laoghaire and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dún Laoghaire.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dún Laoghaire, Tree Cutting Dún Laoghaire and Tree Removal Dún Laoghaire
- Stump Grinding Dún Laoghaire and Stump Removal Dún Laoghaire
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dún Laoghaire and Hedge Trimming Dún Laoghaire
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dún Laoghaire and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dún Laoghaire and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dún Laoghaire
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dún Laoghaire
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dún Laoghaire.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered approved but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you might have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: