When you’re looking for experienced Dublin 9 (D9) tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dublin 9 (D9). With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dublin 9 (D9) Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dublin 9 (D9) and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dublin 9 (D9).
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dublin 9 (D9), Tree Cutting Dublin 9 (D9) and Tree Removal Dublin 9 (D9)
- Stump Grinding Dublin 9 (D9) and Stump Removal Dublin 9 (D9)
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dublin 9 (D9) and Hedge Trimming Dublin 9 (D9)
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dublin 9 (D9) and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dublin 9 (D9) and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dublin 9 (D9)
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dublin 9 (D9)
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dublin 9 (D9).
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given however intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible risks that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending on your local environment, you may need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: