When you’re looking for experienced Dartry tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dartry. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dartry Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dartry and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dartry.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dartry, Tree Cutting Dartry and Tree Removal Dartry
- Stump Grinding Dartry and Stump Removal Dartry
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dartry and Hedge Trimming Dartry
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dartry and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dartry and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dartry
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dartry
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dartry.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to look after and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible risks that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get laced.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Dartry (Irish: Dartraí) is a small suburb of Dublin, Ireland, often seen as part of the broad Rathmines area. Among the locations in Dartry are Dartry Road, Temple Road, Orwell Park and Palmerston Park.