When you’re looking for experienced Coolmine tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Coolmine. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Coolmine Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Coolmine and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Coolmine.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Coolmine, Tree Cutting Coolmine and Tree Removal Coolmine
- Stump Grinding Coolmine and Stump Removal Coolmine
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Coolmine and Hedge Trimming Coolmine
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Coolmine and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Coolmine and Management
- Tree Pollarding Coolmine
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Coolmine
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Coolmine.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible risks that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. However, depending on your local climate, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Coolmine (Irish: Cúl Mhín, meaning “smooth corner”) is a residential area in Fingal, Ireland. It is also a townland in the civil parish of Clonsilla.