When you’re looking for experienced Bayside tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Bayside. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Bayside Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Bayside and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Bayside.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Bayside, Tree Cutting Bayside and Tree Removal Bayside
- Stump Grinding Bayside and Stump Removal Bayside
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Bayside and Hedge Trimming Bayside
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Bayside and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Bayside and Management
- Tree Pollarding Bayside
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Bayside
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Bayside.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered granted but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: