When you’re looking for experienced Ballyboden tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Ballyboden. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Ballyboden Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Ballyboden and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Ballyboden.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Ballyboden, Tree Cutting Ballyboden and Tree Removal Ballyboden
- Stump Grinding Ballyboden and Stump Removal Ballyboden
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Ballyboden and Hedge Trimming Ballyboden
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Ballyboden and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Ballyboden and Management
- Tree Pollarding Ballyboden
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Ballyboden
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Ballyboden.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential dangers that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Ballyboden (Baile Buadáin in Irish, meaning “Boden Town”) is a locality within the suburb of Rathfarnham in South Dublin, at the foot of the Dublin Mountains between Whitechurch, Ballyroan and Knocklyon. It is a townland in the civil parish of Rathfarnham in the Barony of Uppercross.