When you’re looking for experienced Agher tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Agher. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Agher Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Agher and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Agher.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Agher, Tree Cutting Agher and Tree Removal Agher
- Stump Grinding Agher and Stump Removal Agher
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Agher and Hedge Trimming Agher
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Agher and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Agher and Management
- Tree Pollarding Agher
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Agher
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Agher.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved however intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees show up in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: put on; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional climate, you may have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Agher (Irish: Achair) is a crossroads and townland in County Meath, Ireland. It is located 3 km (1.9 mi) southwest of Summerhill.