When you’re looking for experienced Sandycove tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Sandycove. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Sandycove Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Sandycove and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Sandycove.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Sandycove, Tree Cutting Sandycove and Tree Removal Sandycove
- Stump Grinding Sandycove and Stump Removal Sandycove
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Sandycove and Hedge Trimming Sandycove
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Sandycove and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Sandycove and Management
- Tree Pollarding Sandycove
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Sandycove
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Sandycove.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to look after and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential risks that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: put on; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Sandycove (Irish: Cuas an Ghainimh) is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland. It is south east of Dún Laoghaire and Glasthule, and north west of Dalkey. It is a popular seaside resort and is well known for its bathing place, the Forty Foot, which in the past was reserved for men only but is now available for mixed bathing. The locale features in the opening of Ulysses by James Joyce.