When you’re looking for experienced Rathdangan tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathdangan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathdangan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathdangan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathdangan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathdangan, Tree Cutting Rathdangan and Tree Removal Rathdangan
- Stump Grinding Rathdangan and Stump Removal Rathdangan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathdangan and Hedge Trimming Rathdangan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathdangan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathdangan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathdangan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathdangan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathdangan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their particular needs. If you’re not sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for possible threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn equipment: put on; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathdangan (Irish: Ráth an Daingin, meaning “Ringfort of the Stronghold”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. It is in the Electoral Division of Rathdangan, in Civil Parish of Kiltegan, in the Barony of Upper Talbotstown.