When you’re looking for experienced Lullymore tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lullymore. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lullymore Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lullymore and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lullymore.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lullymore, Tree Cutting Lullymore and Tree Removal Lullymore
- Stump Grinding Lullymore and Stump Removal Lullymore
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lullymore and Hedge Trimming Lullymore
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lullymore and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lullymore and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lullymore
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lullymore
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lullymore.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. However, depending on your local climate, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Lullymore (Irish: Loilgheach Mór) is a civil parish in County Kildare in Ireland. It is in the historical barony of Offaly East.
The lowest observed 20th century air temperature in Ireland, -18.8 °C was measured at Lullymore on 2 January 1979.