When you’re looking for experienced Lucan tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lucan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lucan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lucan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lucan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lucan, Tree Cutting Lucan and Tree Removal Lucan
- Stump Grinding Lucan and Stump Removal Lucan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lucan and Hedge Trimming Lucan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lucan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lucan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lucan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lucan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lucan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for granted but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get laced.
- Lawn equipment: put on; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees usually thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Marcus Annaeus Lucanus (3 November 39 AD – 30 April 65 AD), better known in English as Lucan (), was a Roman poet, born in Corduba (modern-day Córdoba), in Hispania Baetica. He is regarded as one of the outstanding figures of the Imperial Latin period, known in particular for his epic Pharsalia. His youth and speed of composition set him apart from other poets.