When you’re looking for experienced Leopardstown tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Leopardstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Leopardstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Leopardstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Leopardstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Leopardstown, Tree Cutting Leopardstown and Tree Removal Leopardstown
- Stump Grinding Leopardstown and Stump Removal Leopardstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Leopardstown and Hedge Trimming Leopardstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Leopardstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Leopardstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Leopardstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Leopardstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Leopardstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered approved but extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for possible dangers that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending upon your regional climate, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Leopardstown (Irish: Baile na Lobhar, meaning “Town of the Lepers”) is a village in Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, County Dublin, Ireland, located at the foot of the Dublin Mountains. A residential suburb in the east of the greater Dublin area, it is divided by the course of the M50 motorway, and adjoins the neighbouring areas of Sandyford, Stepaside, Ballyogan, Foxrock and Stillorgan.