When you’re looking for experienced Kilternan tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Kilternan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Kilternan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Kilternan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Kilternan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Kilternan, Tree Cutting Kilternan and Tree Removal Kilternan
- Stump Grinding Kilternan and Stump Removal Kilternan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Kilternan and Hedge Trimming Kilternan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Kilternan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Kilternan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Kilternan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Kilternan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Kilternan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered granted but extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: put on; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional climate, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Kilternan (Irish: Cill Tiarnáin, meaning “Church of Tiarnán”), also known as Kiltiernan, is a village in Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, in the foothills of the Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin, Ireland, near the border with County Wicklow.