When you’re looking for experienced Killester tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Killester. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Killester Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Killester and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Killester.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Killester, Tree Cutting Killester and Tree Removal Killester
- Stump Grinding Killester and Stump Removal Killester
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Killester and Hedge Trimming Killester
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Killester and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Killester and Management
- Tree Pollarding Killester
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Killester
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Killester.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given but extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective risks that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees show up in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local climate, you might have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Killester (Irish: Cill Easra) is a small, largely residential, suburb of Dublin, Ireland on the Northside of the city.
Killester is also a civil parish in the ancient barony of Coolock.