When you’re looking for experienced Garristown tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Garristown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Garristown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Garristown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Garristown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Garristown, Tree Cutting Garristown and Tree Removal Garristown
- Stump Grinding Garristown and Stump Removal Garristown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Garristown and Hedge Trimming Garristown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Garristown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Garristown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Garristown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Garristown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Garristown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted however intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective threats that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any additional watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you may need to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Garristown (Irish: Baile Gháire) is a village in north-west Fingal, Ireland. It is also a civil parish in the historic barony of Balrothery West.