When you’re looking for experienced Baltinglass tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Baltinglass. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Baltinglass Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Baltinglass and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Baltinglass.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Baltinglass, Tree Cutting Baltinglass and Tree Removal Baltinglass
- Stump Grinding Baltinglass and Stump Removal Baltinglass
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Baltinglass and Hedge Trimming Baltinglass
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Baltinglass and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Baltinglass and Management
- Tree Pollarding Baltinglass
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Baltinglass
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Baltinglass.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to care for and their particular needs. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional climate, you might need to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Baltinglass, historically known as Baltinglas (Irish: Bealach Conglais, meaning “road (or way) of Conglas”), is a town in south-west County Wicklow, Ireland. It is located on the River Slaney near the border with County Carlow and County Kildare, on the N81 road.