When you’re looking for experienced Balrothery tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Balrothery. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Balrothery Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Balrothery and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Balrothery.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Balrothery, Tree Cutting Balrothery and Tree Removal Balrothery
- Stump Grinding Balrothery and Stump Removal Balrothery
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Balrothery and Hedge Trimming Balrothery
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Balrothery and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Balrothery and Management
- Tree Pollarding Balrothery
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Balrothery
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Balrothery.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible risks that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: don; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Balrothery (Irish: Baile an Ridire, meaning “Town of the Knight”) is a village and civil parish located in Fingal, Ireland. The town has historically been called in Irish Baile Ruairí (Town of Ruairí).
The 2016 census population for Balrothery was 2,017.