When you’re looking for experienced Tinahely tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Tinahely. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Tinahely Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Tinahely and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Tinahely.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Tinahely, Tree Cutting Tinahely and Tree Removal Tinahely
- Stump Grinding Tinahely and Stump Removal Tinahely
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Tinahely and Hedge Trimming Tinahely
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Tinahely and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Tinahely and Management
- Tree Pollarding Tinahely
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Tinahely
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Tinahely.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible risks that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Tinahely (Irish: Tigh na hÉille, meaning “House of Éille”) is a village in County Wicklow in Ireland. It is a market town in the valley of the Derry River, a tributary of the River Slaney.