When you’re looking for experienced Rathnew tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathnew. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathnew Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathnew and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathnew.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathnew, Tree Cutting Rathnew and Tree Removal Rathnew
- Stump Grinding Rathnew and Stump Removal Rathnew
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathnew and Hedge Trimming Rathnew
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathnew and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathnew and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathnew
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathnew
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathnew.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for granted however extreme weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to care for and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: put on; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending on your regional climate, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathnew (Irish: Ráth Naoi, meaning “The Ring Fort of Naoi”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. Located south of the capital Dublin along the M11 between Dublin and Wexford, it is close to the county town of Wicklow, which is situated 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east.