When you’re looking for experienced Dartry tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dartry. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dartry Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dartry and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dartry.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dartry, Tree Cutting Dartry and Tree Removal Dartry
- Stump Grinding Dartry and Stump Removal Dartry
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dartry and Hedge Trimming Dartry
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dartry and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dartry and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dartry
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dartry
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dartry.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees show up in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: don; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Dartry (Irish: Dartraí) is a small suburb of Dublin, Ireland, often seen as part of the broad Rathmines area. Among the locations in Dartry are Dartry Road, Temple Road, Orwell Park and Palmerston Park.