When you’re looking for experienced Coolboy tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Coolboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Coolboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Coolboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Coolboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Coolboy, Tree Cutting Coolboy and Tree Removal Coolboy
- Stump Grinding Coolboy and Stump Removal Coolboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Coolboy and Hedge Trimming Coolboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Coolboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Coolboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Coolboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Coolboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Coolboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective threats that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending on your local climate, you might have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Coolboy (Irish: Cúl Buí) is a village in County Wicklow in Ireland. It is located between Tinahely and Carnew, nestled in the middle of Holts Way, close to the scenic location of the Kilcavan Gap.