When you’re looking for experienced Clane tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Clane. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Clane Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Clane and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Clane.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Clane, Tree Cutting Clane and Tree Removal Clane
- Stump Grinding Clane and Stump Removal Clane
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Clane and Hedge Trimming Clane
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Clane and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Clane and Management
- Tree Pollarding Clane
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Clane
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Clane.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Clane (Irish: Claonadh) is a town in County Kildare, Ireland, 35.4 km (22 mi) from Dublin. Its population of 7,280 makes it the eighth largest town in Kildare and the 66th largest in Ireland. It is on the River Liffey. Clane gives its name to the associated townland, civil parish, electoral division and barony.