When you’re looking for experienced Booterstown tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Booterstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Booterstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Booterstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Booterstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Booterstown, Tree Cutting Booterstown and Tree Removal Booterstown
- Stump Grinding Booterstown and Stump Removal Booterstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Booterstown and Hedge Trimming Booterstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Booterstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Booterstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Booterstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Booterstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Booterstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Booterstown (Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning “town of the road”) is a coastal suburb of the city of Dublin in Ireland. It is also a townland and civil parish in the modern county of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown. It is situated about 7 km (4.3 mi) south of Dublin city centre.