When you’re looking for experienced Tinahely tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Tinahely. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Tinahely Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Tinahely and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Tinahely.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Tinahely, Tree Cutting Tinahely and Tree Removal Tinahely
- Stump Grinding Tinahely and Stump Removal Tinahely
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Tinahely and Hedge Trimming Tinahely
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Tinahely and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Tinahely and Management
- Tree Pollarding Tinahely
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Tinahely
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Tinahely.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for approved but extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to care for and their particular needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective dangers that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get entwined.
- Lawn devices: don; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending on your local environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Tinahely (Irish: Tigh na hÉille, meaning “House of Éille”) is a village in County Wicklow in Ireland. It is a market town in the valley of the Derry River, a tributary of the River Slaney.