When you’re looking for experienced Rathmichael tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathmichael. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathmichael Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathmichael and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathmichael.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathmichael, Tree Cutting Rathmichael and Tree Removal Rathmichael
- Stump Grinding Rathmichael and Stump Removal Rathmichael
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathmichael and Hedge Trimming Rathmichael
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathmichael and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathmichael and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathmichael
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathmichael
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathmichael.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for prospective threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathmichael (Irish: Ráth Mhichíl) is a remote suburb south-east of Dublin, in the administration of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, near the southern border of the historic County Dublin. It is situated west of Shankill from which it is, roughly, separated by the M50/M11 motorways. It is also a civil parish in the barony of Rathdown.