When you’re looking for experienced Foxrock tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Foxrock. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Foxrock Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Foxrock and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Foxrock.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Foxrock, Tree Cutting Foxrock and Tree Removal Foxrock
- Stump Grinding Foxrock and Stump Removal Foxrock
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Foxrock and Hedge Trimming Foxrock
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Foxrock and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Foxrock and Management
- Tree Pollarding Foxrock
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Foxrock
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Foxrock.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for prospective threats that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually grow well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Foxrock (Irish: Carraig an tSionnaigh) is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland. It is within the county of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, in the postal district of Dublin 18 and in the Roman Catholic parish of Foxrock.