When you’re looking for experienced Coolboy tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Coolboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Coolboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Coolboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Coolboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Coolboy, Tree Cutting Coolboy and Tree Removal Coolboy
- Stump Grinding Coolboy and Stump Removal Coolboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Coolboy and Hedge Trimming Coolboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Coolboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Coolboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Coolboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Coolboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Coolboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given however intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to look after and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Coolboy (Irish: Cúl Buí) is a village in County Wicklow in Ireland. It is located between Tinahely and Carnew, nestled in the middle of Holts Way, close to the scenic location of the Kilcavan Gap.