When you’re looking for experienced Athboy tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Athboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Athboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Athboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Athboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Athboy, Tree Cutting Athboy and Tree Removal Athboy
- Stump Grinding Athboy and Stump Removal Athboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Athboy and Hedge Trimming Athboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Athboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Athboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Athboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Athboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Athboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for possible threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Athboy (Irish: Baile Átha Buí, meaning “Town of the Yellow Ford”), is a small agricultural town located in County Meath. The town is located on the Yellow Ford River, in wooded country near the County Westmeath border.